Welcome to the EBCNetwork!
The primary aim of the European breast cancer network is to improve
the quality and effectiveness of breast cancer screening and breast cancer services
in Europe. The bases for the activities are laid down in the document: "European
Guidelines for Quality Assurance in Mammography Screening", 3rd edition. The
network should have a significant impact on European added value by particularly
addressing issues that member states cannot effectively deal with on their own.
The activities will focus on:
The Network can achieve these
- Promoting the establishmentaccreditation and maintenance added value of high quality breast screening services within EU in
order to maximize benefit resulting from early detection cancer protect consumers ill effects inappropriate inaccurate
diagnostic investigation low services.
- Extending the high quality achieved in screening services to symptomatic
breast diagnosis and treatment by promoting accreditation of facilities.
- Providing an evidence basis for policy decisions on breast
- Providing a multidisciplinary forum for sharing of experience and information
on quality assurance in provision breast care services within Europe;
- Promoting interdisciplinary cooperation in developing, updating and implementing
quality assurance tools and programmes and guidelines on best practice;
- Evaluating services and programmes and ensuring cost effectiveness;
- Providing comprehensive support to new initiatives in European countries;
- Enlisting and facilitating the financial support of the European Commission
and other sources for fulfilment of the network aims
- Contributing to future policy developments in Breast Care Services within
- Contributing to future policy developments in cancer prevention in Europe